I am trying to create to programmatically upload a Large Retail Box (like this one: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/publish/product/LargeRetailBox) but I'm having a few issues:
1. I couldn't find a documentation page for large retail boxes amongst the api docs here: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/developer/ There's docs for small and medium pro boxes (not large as well), and there's docks for tuck boxes. Through trial and error, I was able to add a box to my game using the url tail: "api/largeretailbox" and then associate a top and bottom image.
Where is the docs page for the large retail box?
2. Without docs, I am not able to mark the top and bottom images as being "proofed" via the api.
I tried using "has_proofed_top" and "has_proofed_bottom" with value "true" (which the pro box api uses) and then "has_proofed_outside" with the value "true" (which the tuck boxes use) but none of those do anything and I need to manually proof the images.
How do I programmatically proof the images?
3. When I use the web interface to manually inspect my game, I get a warning:
"You are using box LargeRetailBox, but we do not believe your components will fit that box. You may want to select a larger box."
I am using 2 large retail boxes and the only components my game has are 1500 bridge cards - so 750 per box. I did some rough size calculations using existing printed bridge cards from game crafter and it seemed like I could fit 9 stacks of about 120 cards in a large retail box which easily exceeds 750 cards in a box.
If I change my uploader to use 3 boxes I still get the error which doesn't make sense as a box can easily hold 500 cards by any conservative estimation, so it makes me think I'm misunderstanding something.
Should I ignore this warning? Does it understand "2 boxes" to mean 2 copies of the game where each game has 1500 cards? Also it suggests I use a larger box, but is there something larger than a Large Retail Box?
Thanks for your help!
Thanks for using the API. I'm sorry you're having troubles.
1. Sorry about that, I forgot to regenerate the documentation after we added the retail box. Here's the documentation link: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/developer/RetailBox.html
2. You have the property names correct. However, our API uses 1 and 0 as true and false values. So you may just need to change "true" to 1.
3. This isn't an error so much as it is a limitation. We do not currently support spanning boxes inside of a single game. So basically our API is telling you that a large retail box cannot fit inside of a large retail box. It would be a tight fit, but I believe you can put 1500 bridge sized cards into a single large retail box. Granted, there would be no room for anything else in there, but I think it would work.
If you really want 2 large retail boxes, you can add them to the same game. Everythign will work as normal, but the system will keep giving you that warning.
Thanks for the help. Don't apologise, it's a really good api! NOw I've got the hang of it I find it really easy to use and I appreciate the general consistency of it. It just lacks some gentle introductory article to fill in the gaps for new comers.
2. Okay I'll use "1" instead of "true". Thanks for that.
> 3. We do not currently support spanning boxes inside of a single game
I don't mind the error - as long as the shipment has the two boxes and I don't get hit for extra shipping on top of the two boxes that's okay. I assume the cards will be randomly distributed between the two boxes in baggies. Is that right?
I think the docs you linked (https://www.thegamecrafter.com/developer/RetailBox.html) have an error in them.
They list "has_retailofed_top" and "has_retailofed_bottom" as form keys for creating a large retail box when it should be "has_proofed_top" and "has_proofed_bottom".
I tested it with the former and it didn't work, but the latter did.